Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading developer, owner and operator of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable projects that power our communities and cities. Our mission is to responsibly decarbonize the grid and make North American energy markets more affordable, sustainable, and efficient. Aypa is well-capitalized and uniquely positioned to lean forward on projects with deal structures that are well suited to meet our customers’ needs. We have been at the forefront of energy storage development since our first energy storage project came online in 2018. As a leader in our industry, we now have over 12 GW of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable energy projects in development, and 32 projects in operation or construction across North America.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Development to develop stand-alone utility-scale energy storage and renewable hybrid projects from market assessment to site development and through financial close, throughout the Northeastern US. This is a high visibility role in an organization with an established portfolio. The successful candidate will be immediately assigned a portfolio of projects to manage while contributing to regional expansion.
- Lead development of utility scale projects to successful financial close, working with in-house and external subject matter experts.
- Develop and own relationships with external project stakeholders including landowners, utility personnel, and federal, state and local authorities having jurisdiction over project consents.
- Task and oversee the work of Aypa’s internal subject matter experts in real estate, transmission and interconnection, project engineering, legal and finance.
- Provide acquisition support.
- Source and manage consultants and other service providers to achieve project goals, including in technical, land use and environmental consulting and public relations.
- Aid in hiring, directly manage and mentor one or more development analysts.
- Work with origination and development teams to organize project materials, conduct and document outreach efforts and assist with bilateral and RFP-based power marketing.
- Provide coordination and support to Commercial team on vetting market and off-taker potential.
- Gather and organize development inputs to project financial models, from internal and external resources, including development incentives, sales and property tax regimes, and permitting rules.
- Perform primary research and documentary support that informs actionable project development strategies in region.
- Own project status tracking and provide regular reporting to regional development lead and executive team.
- Support due diligence for development or acquisition projects, including summarizing project facts, perceived risks and opportunities, including quantitative assessments.
- Provide input into company business plan and development strategy.
- Monitor policy development.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- A graduate degree (MBA) is desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in utility-scale renewable project development.
- Project development experience in PJM, NYISO and/or NE-ISO required.
- Successful track record of executing complex energy projects and/or transactions.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including a creative and proactive work ethic. As part of a lean and dynamic team, the candidate must be able to plan, oversee, and personally execute numerous projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities.
Compensation and Location:
Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care / dental / vision, 401k matching, unlimited vacation and other health/wellness benefits.
Location: This is a remote role. Candidate should be based in either Central or Eastern time zones.
At Aypa, we nurture and support a highly diverse team and actively seek to advance fair and inclusive practices in all aspects of what we do. We hire passionate, dedicated, and forward-thinking individuals from different backgrounds, and we value unique perspectives and experiences. With a focus on belonging, we are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all.