Senior Procurement Analyst
Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading developer, owner and operator of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable projects that power our communities and cities. Our mission is to responsibly decarbonize the grid and make North American energy markets more affordable, sustainable, and efficient. Aypa is well-capitalized and uniquely positioned to lean forward on projects with deal structures that are well suited to meet our customers’ needs. We have been at the forefront of energy storage development since our first energy storage project came online in 2018. As a leader in our industry, we now have over 11 GW of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable energy projects in development, and 32 projects in operation or construction across North America.
We are seeking an Austin based Senior Procurement Analyst to support our work as a utility-scale energy storage and renewables leader. You will be responsible for supporting the development, growth, and execution of Aypa’s renewables procurement platform of energy storage, solar hybrid technologies. This position will include direct interfacing with vendors, informed market analytics, and contracting support. This role is core to fostering Aypa’s growth with targeted and informed investment in the right equipment, suppliers, service providers, and legal counsel. The role will be focused on getting the right materials and services, at the right time, at the right cost for utility-scale projects, with some day-to-day on demand support and leadership of some continuous improvement projects for the business.
The right candidate needs to be comfortable learning and adapting with an evolving industry, working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, nurturing relationships with providers, performing contracting, and data analytics.
- Database Management: Support database upkeep with latest market offerings, pricing, and form factors.
- Cross-Functional Data Collection: Collaborate with legal, engineering, and commercial teams to structure optimal procurement strategies and downstream contracting.
- Research & Consulting: Interface with research & consulting firms such as BNEF, Wood Mackenzie, SMM, NREL, etc. to stay abreast of changes in industry, supply chain, geo-political impacts to supply chain, shipping & logistics, etc. and use data-backed information to update internal models and be impactful to strategic decision making.
- Reporting: Report key procurement indicators and trends monthly to the broader management team.
- Vendor Management & Networking: Manage and cultivate new relationships with OEM(s), EPC(s) and O&M provider(s).
- Transaction Support: Work closely with internal and external resources to structure, negotiate and close project transactions related to acquisitions, financings, and divestitures, as well as commercial and technical contract agreements.
- Estimation: Provide support on pre-execution capital and operational expenditure models based on received pricing, underlying commodities, and consideration for strategic deals.
- General: Provide input into company business plan and development strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in utility-scale renewables and/or thermal procurement;
- Project cost estimation experience;
- Experience in supporting the successful execution of EPC and supply contracts;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including a demonstrated proactive work ethic. As part of a lean and dynamic team, the candidate must be able to plan, oversee, and personally execute numerous projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities.
Compensation and Location:
- Salary: Base salary and bonus that is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care / dental / vision, 401k matching, and other health and wellness benefits.
- Location: Austin, Texas. This is a hybrid role that will require both in-office and remote work. Candidate must be willing to travel 10-20% for supplier qualification, vendor management, and conferences.
Aypa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.