Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading developer, owner and operator of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable projects that power our communities and cities. Our mission is to responsibly decarbonize the grid and make North American energy markets more affordable, sustainable, and efficient. Aypa is well-capitalized and uniquely positioned to lean forward on projects with deal structures that are well suited to meet our customers’ needs.
Aypa has been at the forefront of energy storage development since our first energy storage project came online in 2018. As a leader in our industry, we now have over 10 GW of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable energy projects in development, and 32 projects in operation or construction across North America.
We are seeking an experienced developer who will be responsible for spearheading the development of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects in the in the Eastern US.
- Own and execute project development strategy in region.
- Lead development of utility scale projects to successful financial close, working with in-house and external subject matter experts.
- Work with origination team to cultivate customer relationships in region.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to structure, negotiate and close project transactions.
- Responsible for budget and driving profitability of utility scale projects in region
- Lead due diligence for development or acquisition projects.
- Work with regulatory and policy experts to track and incorporate policy and power market changes into regional strategy.
- Provide input into company business plan and development strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A graduate degree (MBA) is desirable.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in renewable energy project development (preferably utility-scale).
- Project development experience in PJM and/or NYISO required.
- Successful track record of executing complex energy projects and/or transactions.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including a creative and proactive work ethic. As part of a lean and dynamic team, the candidate must be able to plan, oversee, and personally execute numerous projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities.
Compensation and Location:
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Salary: Base salary and incentive plan that is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care / dental / vision, 401k matching, paid parental leave, and other health and wellness benefits.
- Location: Ability to work in the United States is a requirement. Candidate should be based in the Eastern US, however, location of workplace is flexible provided candidate is able to travel, as required. This is a remote role.
Aypa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.