Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a pioneer and leading developer, owner and operator of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects. We design customized energy storage and generation
projects for a range of applications that benefit both commercial and industrial customers, as well as utilities that power our communities and cities. Working closely with our diverse range of partners,
we’re creating a world powered by affordable, sustainable, and reliable energy.
Aypa is seeking an experienced power generation & renewable energy professional to oversee the company’s project and structured finance group. This multifaceted position will play a lead role in the
development and ultimate financing of projects, as well as be an active part of the company’s corporate finance function. This Director/VP will report directly to the CFO and will manage several team members who lead the company’s financial and corporate modeling efforts.
- As part of an entrepreneurial org and finance team, a willingness and desire to be involved in
many aspects of the organization. We are building and growing the business.
- Playing a lead role in structuring and executing upon single asset and portfolio-level financings,
including training our supporting finance staff to heavily participate in all such transactions
- Leading the company’s project financial analysis, and in so doing, developing finance talent,
including with regards to tax equity and other PF modeling.
- Closely liaising with Power Marketing, EPC/Ops and Business Development to evaluate markets
and opportunities, honing an efficient way to track, advance and/or pass on opportunities.
- Developing feedback loops to institutionalize learnings across the team and organization.
- Supporting on broader treasury and budgeting matters, recognizing that a high-quality
developer knows how to stretch and optimize the use of its development capital.
- A willingness to level-up and down, taking on more responsibilities and leadership while also
wanting to be part of the details, and not feeling “above” the modeling or general business
development realities of growing a large platform.
- Interfacing with Blackstone on a regular basis on a range of company matters.
- 6-10 years of experience, including at least 3 years in the US renewables industry.
- Financial structuring and deal making experience, including with regards to evaluating complex
- High quality financial modeling capabilities, with demonstrable experience in the US power
generation space (incl tax equity), including development of talent.
- Have led at least one financing and supported on several others.
- An existing rolodex of project finance and tax equity relationships.
- The desire to build a platform / IPP, versus a develop and flip business model.
- Illustrative curiosity about power generation and storage technology, and power markets.
- Project M&A Experience, preferably on the buy side. Sell side is a plus.
- Must have relevant experience with a developer, investment firm in the renewable energy
space, or investment banking specializing in power/energy/utilities.
- Understanding of engineering and renewable energy systems (solar and/or storage preferred,
wind a plus) at a commercial level, such that one can drive discussions with investors,
independent engineers, etc.
- While clearly a finance-centric role, enough knowledge of accounting matters to engage with
auditors on commercial project issues, and support on other FP&A matters as requested.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, and regularly juggle multiple priorities.
Compensation and Location:
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the
overall success of the business.
Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care / dental / vision,
401k matching, and other health and wellness benefits.
Location: Ability to work in the United States or Canada is a requirement. Preference for
candidate to be based in either Austin, or Denver.
Aypa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.