Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a pioneer and leading developer, owner and operator of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects, with a leadership team that is deeply experienced in developing, contracting, financing, owning, and operating C&I and utility-scale battery storage and renewable energy projects. We design customized energy storage and generation projects for a range of applications that benefit both commercial and industrial customers, as well as utilities that power our communities and cities. Working closely with our diverse range of partners, we’re creating a world powered by affordable, sustainable, and reliable energy.
Preference for candidates based in Austin, TX, but will consider remote workers.
VP of Origination
This role reports to the CCO and will lead the origination function within Aypa
- Lead a team of customer-focused individuals who can interact with customers to understand current and future needs, converting these needs into projects or transaction sales.
- Network with new and existing customers including utilities and other load-serving entities, and commercial & industrials to develop fulsome relationships
- Identify and evaluate requests for bids (RFP/RFI) opportunities, bilateral customer targets and develop proposals and other marketing materials.
- Develop new and innovative power sales structures
- Identify new prospects and implement customer sales strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong customer and business relationships.
- Provide market intelligence feedback to the Aypa development and management team to promote a broader business development group.
- Provide input into company business plan and development strategy.
- Work with regulatory and policy experts to track and incorporate policy and power economics changes into corporate strategy.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in energy originating, structuring, negotiating, and executing contracts in a power marketing role focused in the renewable sector.
- Proven relationships and track record of sales within ERCOT, NYISO or CAISO/WECC
- Established relationships with utilities, corporates and industrial customers.
- Strong working knowledge of US power markets; to include ISO, RTO, and bilateral energy markets.
Compensation and Location:
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
- Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
- Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefits package with excellent health care/dental/vision, 401k matching, and other health and wellness benefits.
- Location: The ability to work in the United States is a requirement. Preference for being based in Austin; however, location of workplace is flexible provided candidate is able to travel, as required.
At Aypa Power we offer:
- A dynamic team and work environment
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and development
- An innovative culture
- Flexibility and autonomy
Aypa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.