Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a pioneer and leading developer, owner and operator of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects, with a leadership team that is deeply experienced in developing, contracting, financing, owning, and operating C&I and utility-scale battery storage and renewable energy projects. We design customized energy storage and generation projects for a range of applications that benefit both commercial and industrial customers, as well as utilities that power our communities and cities. Working closely with our diverse range of partners, we’re creating a world powered by affordable, sustainable, and reliable energy.
This position must be located in Austin, TX. Relocation assistance will be provided if necessary.
Electrical Engineering Manager
- Perform preliminary design for Energy storage standalone and Hybrid projects including substation, transmission lines, and collection systems.
- Manage 3rd party engineers performing EPC and Balance of plant design.
- Planning and coordinating of internal and external resources for technical due diligence of renewable energy projects.
- Identify value-add and profitability influencers through technical analysis and preparation of proposals for improved planning and technical requirements.
- Responsible for technical analyses to support project development, engineering, construction and operational activities.
- Responsible for the quality of the project technical concepts in accordance with the Company strategy and standards.
- Develop and issue Requests for Proposals for engineering work, evaluate the submissions and make recommendations on selection.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineer, Masters preferred
- PE licenses preferred
- 5+ years experience with HV design or renewable project design
- Working knowledge of energy storage components and design standards
Compensation and Location:
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business
- Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefits package with excellent health care/dental/vision, 401k matching, and other health and wellness benefits
- Location: The ability to work in the United States is a requirement. Preference for the candidate to be based in Austin, TX.
At Aypa Power we offer:
- A dynamic team and work environment
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and development
- An innovative culture
- Flexibility and autonomy
Aypa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.