Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a pioneer and leading developer, owner and operator of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects, with a leadership team that is deeply experienced in developing, contracting, financing, owning, and operating C&I and utility scale battery storage and renewable energy projects. We design customized energy storage and generation projects for a range of applications that benefit both commercial and industrial customers, as well as utilities that power our communities and cities. Working closely with our diverse range of partners, we’re creating a world powered by affordable, sustainable, and reliable energy.
Preference for this role to be based in Austin, TX. Relocation assistance available for selected candidate.
- Director of Transmission and Commercial Analytics
- Provide transmission analytical support and insights to a growing portfolio of BESS, Renewable, and Hybrid projects
- Run near and long-term nodal production cost studies to forecast the projected price impacts and performance of a changing generation fleet
- Perform powerflow analysis to understand the potential impacts and costs of interconnecting new generation to the system
- Assess the technical and commercial feasibility of green-fielding or acquiring projects
- Develop planning level cost estimates for interconnection facilities
- Prepare summaries, reports, and other materials of technical results to technical and non-technical team members
- Develop and streamline processes and automation to support an efficient workflow
- 5 years minimum experience with PROMOD
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering with additional consideration given to applicants with advanced degrees
- Proficient in one or more power system powerflow tools: TARA, PSS/E, PSLF
- Experience in one or more organized electric markets (CAISO, PJM, ERCOT, NYISO)
- Working knowledge of NERC planning standards
- Experience with Python, Java, or similar programming languages
- Possess strong communication skills
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to work under tight time requirements and deadlines
- Eligible for U.S. Employment
Compensation and Location:
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
- Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
- Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care / dental / vision, 401k matching, and other health and wellness benefits.
- Location: Ability to work in the United States is a requirement. Candidate must be based in Austin, TX or willing to relocate. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Aypa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.