About Aypa Power:
Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a pioneer and leading developer, owner and operator of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects, with a leadership team that is deeply experienced in developing, contracting, financing, owning, and operating C&I and utility-scale battery storage and renewable energy projects. We design customized energy storage and generation projects for a range of applications that benefit both commercial and industrial customers, as well as utilities that power our communities and cities. Working closely with our diverse range of partners, we’re creating a world powered by affordable, sustainable, and reliable energy.
Aypa is seeking a Electrical Engineer to work as part of the project execution team to provide management of the engineering, permitting, construction and commissioning of Battery Energy Storage System projects. Additionally, the role will be responsible for providing support to the continued operation and maintenance of the assets. The Project Engineer will coordinate 3rd party engineering and design work and draw from their knowledge and experience with DG interconnection to optimize designs and project execution over a large portfolio of projects.
This position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and shift priorities on the go. The successful candidate will be well organized, comfortable in a dynamic environment, have strong attention to detail, have proven project management experience, and can synthesize and conceptualize complex ideas. A passion for renewable energy is a plus.
- Manage the execution of all assigned commercial & industrial projects and contracts from conception to completion
- Work with a cross-functional group to define and meet project milestones on time and according to specifications
- Review and develop engineering for electrical, protection and control, and communications designs related to Energy Storage deployments.
- Identify performance and profitability influencers through technical analysis of 3rd party engineering work.
- Perform technical analyses to support project development, engineering, construction and operations and maintenance activities.
- Manage project quality assurance
- Plan and manage the commissioning process of Battery Energy Storage Systems
- Provide technical assistance to the operations and maintenance team as required
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering
- Ontario P.Eng Licence
- 1-3+ years of demonstrated experience in leading project management for Distributed Energy Resources (DERs), with a focus on energy storage, solar, wind, or cogeneration.
- Five years minimum of related experience in electrical engineering design,.
- Ideally have experience in MV power distribution, grid connection strategies, protection and control, and DG
- Experience working with Ontario LDCs (PV interconnection experience an asset)
- Possess strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and foster cohesive teamwork
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to work under very tight time requirements and deadlines; able to juggle competing demands and follow through on deliverables with minimal supervision
- Professional presence with strong communication and presentation skills
- Able to builds trust by demonstrating high ethical standards and personal integrity
At Aypa Power we offer:
- A dynamic team and work environment
- An opportunity to learn the business from the ground up with an industry leader
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and development
- An innovative culture
- Flexibility and autonomy
Compensation and Location:
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
- Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package
Aypa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.